Suppliers Quality Assurance Engineer
Objectives / Missions
Ensure the quality and the conformance of products & purchased activities to all contractual requirements.
Flow down the voice of the customers to the supply chain
Support and lead the suppliers to operational excellence by implementing the tools and methodologies recommended by SAFRAN, in both reactive and pro-active manners.
Contribute to the supplier assessment and selection processes
- - Carry out audits, assessment missions
- - Participate to supplier selection meetings
- - Ensure the correct application of the applicable requirements (SAFRAN requirements) by the suppliers
Develop and apply the APQP
- - Flow down requirements and associated tools (FMEA, risk analysis, …)
- - Support the supplier in the industrialization of products (PPAP, MSA, …)
- - Be the responsible for the application of the Industrial Validation Process.
Ensure the quality of products and services
- - Provide support to the supplier in understanding the requirements
- - Ensure the proper application, by the suppliers, o the applicable regulations (Part21G, Part21J, Part145, Human factor, Safety Management System, AS13xxx …) and contractual requirements, whether they are technical (definition, specifications) or systemic.
- - Ensure the creation of Quality Assurance Plan (System, Product, Transfer) by the suppliers
- - Assess, plan and carry out monitoring actions (audits, Quality samples, etc.) at the suppliers and ensure their monitoring of tier 2 suppliers
- - Participate and be a key player in the preparation of reviews for combined audits with the different SAFRAN companies
Ensure the treatment of non-conformance
- - Manage and deal with system, process and product non-conformances up to the proof of efficiency of corrective actions using quality tools (8D, 5Why, 5W2H, etc.)
Lead improvement plans with suppliers
- - Set up key performance indicators to measure the quality maturity of the suppliers in line with the SAFRAN group rating.
- - Provide the buyer with the data required to flow down cost of non-quality to the suppliers.
- - Ensure the implementation of improvement plan with suppliers.
- - Promote the tools and methods offered by SAFRAN to the suppliers.
- - Transmit the quality mindset and identify/carry out the necessary trainings (including e-learning) with the suppliers
- • Is able to adapt to the environment / culture of your counterpart
- • Knows the quality tools and references (EN9100, FMEA, risk analysis, root cause analysis…)
- • Knows how to use the SAFRAN collaborative tools
- • Knows the products and he associated industrial technics & processes (process control)
- • Knows how to read drawings and to define means of control linked to characteristics to be measured
- • Knows HSE rules
- • Knows how to manage & reduce risks (products, human, …)
- • Knows how to lead a multi-disciplinary team (Supplier Relation key Player, SAFRAN…)
- • Masters audit technics
- • Speaks English & French
- • Is pro-active in the problem resolution by providing/proposing solutions
Required soft skills:
- • Availability and flexibility to travel
- • Autonomy and rigor
- • Good interpersonal skills and good communication skills
- • Resilient to stress
- • Analytical mind
- • Good skills in planning of activities to reach short / medium / long terms objectives (crises, audits, milestones, improvement plans…)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Transmission Systems is the world leader in mechanical power transmission systems on the commercial and military aircraft markets. With more than 40,000 products delivered to date, the company holds a 60% market share on the segment for aircraft with more than 100 seats.
Expert aciers, traitements thermochimiques et thermiques H/FPublished on 05/12/2021Colombes Cedex, France Regular Full time Material and processes
Responsable plan de progrès et recouvrement de l'Administration des Ventes H/FPublished on 05/10/2021Colombes Cedex, France Regular Full time Sales & Marketing