- Listening to their needs, respecting their requirements, the preventive and responsive handling of all their requests.
- Meeting our commitments in terms of quality, costs, deadlines and safety, for all of our products and services.
About Safran Transmission Systems
A century of experience with mechanical systems
Safran Transmission Systems' experience in the design of high-performance mechanical systems reaches back to the company's founding in 1904.
Today a pivotal part of parent group Safran's aero-engine strategy, Safran Transmission Systems gives customers the broad benefits of its recognized expertise, meticulous approach and experience. The quality and reliability of our systems, equipment and services make Safran Transmission Systems a world leader in mechanical power transmissions.
Building on our technical and industrial expertise, plus a proven ability to innovate, Safran Transmission Systems is now expanding into new markets for high-performance mechanical power transmission systems.
Inside power transmissions systems
The accessory gearbox (AGB) taps power directly inside the engine through a radial driveshaft (RDS), to drive fuel pumps, power generators, lubrication system, the starter, oil trap and other engine accessories and the aircraft's power generation system. The complete assembly supplied by Safran Transmission Systems is called the accessory drive train (ADT).
Safran Transmission Systems is the world's leading supplier of mechanical power transmissions for mainline commercial jets (over 100 seats), with production of more than 2,300 shipsets per year. By the end of 2014, these systems had logged a cumulated total of 850 million flight-hours. Safran Transmission Systems equipment has been chosen by two of the world's leading engine-makers, CFM International and Rolls-Royce, clearly reflecting the top-flight reliability of our systems. When you choose Safran Transmission Systems, you choose a dependable, responsive and innovative partner.
Safran Transmission Systems applies a very ambitious quality policy, derived directly from parent group Safran's corporate quality policy, based on continuous innovation and improvement.
Our quality policy draws on Safran's corporate values. It is inseparable from the imperative for technical excellence and close product support that irrigates all of Safran. Our emphasis on total quality is deployed worldwide.
Our quality policy has three main objectives.
- The continuous improvement of our processes, by actively encouraging people's innovative ideas.
- Developing collaboration with our suppliers, to help improve their overall performance.,
- Sharing best practices and top-priority actions designed to enhance our efficiency and quality.
- Rigorously managing our programs, according to management guidelines applicable to all companies, drawing on feedback and contributing to effective risk management.
- Complying with quality fundamentals, and using the appropriate tools and methods to guarantee our product maturity, from design through operation.
- Another top focus is the constant development of our people's skills, knowledge and motivation, everywhere in the world.